December marks the end of the most successful year of charitable giving in the 91-year history of the Rutter’s Cos., seeing over $640,000 donated primarily to children’s charities located throughout Central Pennsylvania.
A full list of charities receiving support can be found at www.rutters.com/charities. These are a few of the causes to which Rutter’s has contributed this year:
• Crispus Attucks Association of York received $50,000 to provide education services, human services, community development and affordable housing to York-area residents in need,
• Montessori Academy of Chambersburg received $25,000 to provide scholarships and financial aid to eligible children,
• The Bosler Memorial Library in Carlisle will use $12,500 donated by Rutter’s to continue community programs,
• The Hanover YWCA received $25,000 to continue their early-childhood education programming and provide scholarships and financial aid to eligible children,
• York Country Day School will use the $77,000 received to award academic scholarships to eligible inner-city students through the Rutter’s Scholars program,
• The Easter Seals of Central PA used the $37,000 donation to purchase a new van to be used for transporting children.
Rutter’s has been active in the community since its beginning in 1921. Under the third generation of family leadership, Rutter’s operates 57 convenience stores throughout central Pennsylvania.