Sheetz Among Virginia’s Best Places to Work

Not only is Sheetz one of the top convenience stores in Virginia to stop for food, hot coffee and fuel, it’s now been named to be one of Virginia’s best places to work.

The annual competition is judged by a public/private partnership that includes the Virginia Chamber of Commerce, the Virginia Society for Human Resource Management (VA SHRM) and the publication, Virginia Business.

“This is an extremely meaningful award for us because our employees voted for Sheetz,” said Stan Sheetz, president and CEO of Sheetz Inc. “I am extremely proud of them.”

Sheetz employees were surveyed on their experiences, and their responses were responsible for 75% of the total company score. In addition, an evaluation of the company’s workplace policies, practices, philosophies, systems and demographics accounted for the remaining 25%. Best Companies Group managed the overall registration and survey process.

Sheetz employs more than 2,300 people in Virginia at its 58 locations. The company also just received word that it’s been judged among the top employers in Pennsylvania and Ohio.

“It’s an honor to serve our customers, and our employees take that responsibility seriously,” added Sheetz. “We want every person to have an excellent experience, regardless of which Sheetz location they visit.”

This survey and awards program was designed to identify, recognize and honor the best places to be employed in Virginia, benefiting the state’s economy, its workforce and businesses.

To be considered for participation, companies had to fulfill the following eligibility requirements:

– Have at least 25 employees in Virginia;

– Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business;

– Be a publicly or privately held business;

– Have a facility in Virginia;

– Be in good standing with Virginia state agencies.

Based in Altoona, Pa., Sheetz, Inc. operates more than 380 convenience locations throughout Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland,  Ohio and North Carolina.




Speak Your Mind