In order to minimize costly frontline, hourly employee turnover, you’ve got to:
- Hire tough (so you can manage easy).
- Let every new employee know why their job is important.
- Avoid the mindset that it is “only an entry-level job” (in both the new employee’s mind and in your own mind).
- Pay the highest wages you can afford. (When you can pay more, then you can expect and get more.)
- Give a pay raise as soon as the new employee deserves one (not on a time schedule, but on a productivity/ learning schedule).
- Give recognition when recognition is deserved.
- Train for process not for speed.
- Help the new employee make friends at work.
- Learn to fail fast. (When you realize you made a hiring mistake, release and replace that person immediately.)
- Make work FUN!!!
Read more on his blog http://humetrics.com/blog/