InComm, a prepaid product and transaction services company, has unveiled its mobile-optimized shopping cart for retailers.
The solution enables consumers to purchase and send digital and physical gift cards using a mobile device—whether from within a retailer’s mobile app or via a mobile-optimized site’s shopping cart.
· Increased sales: Offer both physical and digital gift card delivery in the same shopping cart for increased sales opportunities
· Brand Management: Leverage existing gift card images, integrate logo display and choose cart colors that match brand look and feel
· Personalization: Enable gift card senders to add custom messages
· Security: Secure checkout via existing payment gateway; consumers receive delivery confirmation via email
· Deep Insights: Through Back Office – an online administrative portal – retailers can gain unprecedented insight into card usage
The user experience is seamless: from their mobile devices, customers simply click on a gift card link, which launches the mobile-optimized gift card shopping cart. They can choose whether they want to buy a physical or digital card, pick a card design, determine the amount they want and customize the card with a personal message. When they complete their order, the gift card will automatically be emailed or mailed to the recipient. If the recipient receives a digital card, they can choose to show the digital card from their phone while making a purchase at the point-of-sale.
Providing a mobile purchasing option allows consumers to conveniently purchase gift cards anywhere, and the results have proven that mobile use is on the rise. One client who recently launched saw that mobile sales accounted for 10% of all cards sold during the first month.
“We’re pleased to provide a one-stop-shop for fulfilling all of a company’s gift card needs, whether they be mobile, social, digital or physical,” said David Nelsen, general manager of InComm Digital Solutions. “Consumers are looking to their mobile devices to do pretty much everything—shop, browse, read, research, play games and more. By providing a quick and easy way to purchase physical or digital gift cards via mobile, companies can significantly increase sales opportunities.”