Record number of committee volunteers positions ETA as the hub of activity for the next generation of payments technology.
The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA), the trade association of the global electronic payments industry, recently announced the election of three new members and the reelection of three current members to its board of directors.
ETA also announced appointments to the board’s Presidential Advisory Council, and named more than 200 payments professionals to 13 standing committees for 2013.
“The Electronic Transactions Association is the premier trade group of the global payments industry. With more than 500 corporate members, ETA’s growth in mobile and technology-related payments companies over the past six months is creating dynamic new business opportunities for our member companies,” said Jason Oxman, CEO of ETA. “As a result, 2013 will be a record year for ETA volunteer participation. Our energized board and committee volunteers will bring new ideas to ETA while creating business connections and confirming ETA’s role as the hub of activity in the payments industry.”
Three new directors were elected to their first two-year term on the board:
- John Barrett, senior vice president of sales, First Data
- Henry Helgeson, CEO, Merchant Warehouse
- Joan Herbig, CEO, ControlScan
Three current directors were re-elected to additional two-year terms:
- Robert Baldwin, vice chairman, Heartland Payment Systems Inc.
- Gary Goodrich, CEO, ProPay
- Kurt Strawhecker, managing partner, The Strawhecker Group
The 2013 ETA board of director officers also include:
- Board President Kim Fitzsimmons, CEO, Cynergy Data
- Board Treasurer Debra Rossi, executive vice president, Wells Fargo & Co.
- Board Secretary Greg Cohen, senior vice president & general manager, VeriFone Commerce
- Board Past-President Eddie Myers, president & COO, PayPros
Board President Fitzsimmons announced the first round of appointments to the Board’s Presidential Advisory Council, who are ex officio members of the ETA Board of Directors:
- Kevin Jones, president, SignaPay
- Steve Klebe, head of business development, consumer payments, Google Inc.
- Tracy Manning, director, mCommerce, AT&T Mobility Consumer Marketing
- John Priore, president & CEO, Priority Payment Systems
- Jeff Sloan, president, Global Payments Inc.
Returning members of ETA’s Board of Directors who continue to serve their existing terms are:
- Chuck Harris, president, NetSpend
- Chris Hylen, general manager & VP, Intuit
- Mike Passilla, president & CEO, Elavon
- Jeff Rosenblatt, president, EVO Merchant Services
Payment Network ex officio members of the ETA Board are:
- Steve Carnevale, head – U.S. market development, emerging verticals and acceptance development, MasterCard Worldwide
- Jan Estep, president & CEO, NACHA
- Sameer Govil, head of global acceptance solutions, Visa, Inc.
- Ed Jay, SVP, small merchants, American Express
- Peter Karpas, VP & general manager, North America SMB, PayPal
- Gerry Wagner, vice president global acceptance, Discover Financial Services
Additionally, ETA named more than 200 payments professionals to serve as leaders and advisors on ETA’s 13 standing committees in 2013. For a complete list of ETA committees and volunteer leaders, visit http://www.electran.org/content/view/862/536/.