“The app is one part of our ‘full-service advantage’ offering; it can be used by drivers to make more efficient stops and optimize their business,” says TA CEO.
TravelCenters of America LLC (TA) has released the Android version of its TruckSmart mobile application.
This new platform for the company’s smartphone app helps professional drivers access real-time information about services and amenities at a combined 228 TA and Petro Stopping Center locations. TA initially launched TruckSmart 1.0 on March 1, 2011, for Apple’s iPhone platform.
“Our iPhone customers were very excited to see how the TruckSmart app could help them check fuel prices, parking availability, shower availability, call for RoadSquad roadside assistance, see in-store specials, and locate our sites with a touch of the screen,” said Tom O’Brien, TA’s president and CEO. “The app is one part of our ‘full-service advantage’ offering; it can be used by drivers to make more efficient stops and optimize their business.”
TruckSmart 1.0 features include:
• An interactive map displaying all TA and Petro locations, as well as turn-by-turn directions
• Current posted fuel prices, in addition to available showers at specific location
• Available truck parking spaces (an estimate updated every two hours) by location
• Location-specific amenities and services
• TA and Petro restaurants, travel store and truck maintenance special offers
• A link to the RoadSquad national network of roadside assistance services
The TruckSmart app also includes parking spot availability. Download links can be found at www.tatravelcenters.com/trucksmart. Version 2.0 for Androids and iPhones will be available soon and aim to enhance the full service advantage offered by TA and Petro to help professional drivers optimize their business.