NACS announced the election of five retail members to serve on its Board of Directors. The new Board members assumed their positions during the NACS Board of Directors meeting at the NACS Show in Atlanta this week.
The NACS retail members elected to serve on the Board of Directors are:
* Rahim Budhwani, CEO of 6040 LLC (Hoover, Ala.);
* Wendy Chronister, CEO of Chronister Oil Co. (Springfield, Ill.);
* Frank Gleeson, retail director of Topaz Energy Group (Dublin, Ireland);
* Jeff Parker, president, Kwik Shop Inc. (Hutchinson, Kan.);
* Peter Tedeschi, president & CEO of Tedeschi Food Shops (Rockland, Mass.).
A member-driven organization, NACS is lead by a 30-member Board of Directors. Twenty-eight industry retailers are elected to the Board, including two retailers from non-North American countries. In addition, the chairman and chairman-elect of the NACS Supplier Board also serve on the Board of Directors.
About The New Members
• Rahim Budhwani is CEO of 6040 LLC, which operates five stores under the Monarch, Chevron, Shell and BP brands. He has been CEO of 6040 LLC since 2000. From 2000 to 2003, Budhwani also was a senior analyst for Elixir International, responsible for structural layouts and coding. He earned a B.E. in information technology from the University of Pune and a HAFT in hotel administration and food technology from Sohia Polytechnic. Budhwani is a member of the NACS Member Services Committee.
• Wendy Chronister is CEO of Chronister Oil Co., which operates 12 Qik-n-EZ convenience stores in central Illinois, as well as a wholesale fuels business. She has been CEO of Chronister Oil Co. since 2009. Previously, Chronister was a partner at Waud Capital Partners LLC and a partner in Kirkland and Ellis. Chronister graduated cum laude from Dartmouth College, earning an A.B. in government. She graduated magna cum laude from University of Illinois College of Law in Champaign, Illinois. She is a member of the NACS Research Committee.
• Frank Gleeson is retail director of Topaz Energy Group, Ireland’s biggest fuel supplier and number-one fuel and forecourt convenience brand with over 330 locations. The company also has an extensive home heating oil business and over 110 company-operated stores under the Topaz shop brand. Topaz Energy Group is one of Ireland’s largest privately owned companies with annual turnover of over three billion Euro and has been voted a top 10 companies in Ireland to work for. Previously, he served as vice president of retail for Statoil. Frank is a graduate of the Irish management institute, and he is also Board member of Retail Ireland. He has been retail director for Topaz Energy Group since 2005.
• Jeff Parker is president of Kwik Shop Inc., a subsidiary of The Kroger Co. Kwik Shop operates 125 stores in three states. Parker joined The Kroger Co. in 1998 and has worked for several of the company’s operating units including Loaf n Jug/Mini Mart Inc., KASH and Kroger Central Regional Office. He has served as president of Kwik Shop since 2008. Parker earned a B.B.A. in accounting from Angelo State University.
• Peter Tedeschi is president & CEO of Tedeschi Food Shops, which operates 189 stores and serves customers in four New England states. Prior to joining the family business as its COO in 2008, Tedeschi was an entrepreneurial pioneer in the computer industry before becoming an executive in Boston’s financial industry, where he was most recently senior vice president and director of operations for Putnam Investments. He attended Stonehill College, where he graduated as the president of his senior class with a degree in political science. Peter is a member of the NACS Legislative Committee.