America has always loved M&M’S characters. In fact, according a recent study conducted by E-Poll Market Research1, the M&M’S characters are the most beloved ad spokescharacters in America.
For the first time, M&M’S is asking which one America loves most. Through July 15, 2010, fans across the country can vote for their favorite M&M’S character — Red, Green, Yellow, Orange or Blue–at www.MMS.com.
By casting their vote, fans will not only have a voice in deciding the winning character, but also the chance to win dozens of prizes including a $50,000 cash prize, a special M&M’S branded guitar and $25 M&M’S Discover debit cards – to name a few.
“We love all of our M&M’S characters,” said Debra A. Sandler, chief consumer officer, Mars Chocolate North America. “But just like any proud parent, we can’t pick a favorite, so we’re asking America to choose.”
Each M&M’S character embodies their own fun-loving personality that customers can identify with including:
- Red is the leader of the crew–or so he thinks. He’s scheming in a fun, mischievous way, sarcastic and tends to be theatrical.
- Green is the attractive and intelligent one and she knows it. She’s flirty and quick-witted with the rest of the gang–all of whom she finds a bit childish.
- Yellow is more naïve and clumsy than the other characters. He’s also easily impressed–all in an innocent and charming way.
- Orange is “irresistible” and delicious, leaving him feeling as though he’s doomed to be eaten.
- Blue is cool and maybe too sure of himself. He’s always up on current events and loves to people watch.