The International Carwash Association (ICA), the world’s largest association for car wash professionals, has announced its 2010 Board of Directors and new Association President Jeff Gheysens, who is the owner of Sparkle Kleen Car Wash.
The appointments went into effect on Jan. 1. The newly-elected board members represent both the operator and vendor community.
“An ideal board of directors should demonstrate professional and leadership experience, steward the strategic goals of an association and have a vision for the future direction,” said Eric Wulf, CAE, executive director and CEO of ICA. “I’m proud to say that members of the 2010 board encompass these qualifications and more, and I look forward to working with these qualified individuals throughout the year.”
Elected onto the ICA Board of Directors in 2004, Gheysens steps into the role of 2010 president with a wide array of experience. He has served on numerous education committees and task forces, was elected association treasurer in 2008 and served as association vice president in 2009. Gheysens has been in the car wash business since the age of six when his family established Cumberland Carwash, a self-service location, in Vineland, N.J. His family has been a member of ICA for 34 years. Taking on the family business, Gheysens now owns and operates Sparkle Kleen car wash and is developing a second location.
Joining Gheysens in a new role on the ICA Board of Directors are Operator Directors: Bruce Arnett Jr., chief operations officer, Mr. Clean Carwash in Duluth, Ga., and Gary Dennis, managing member, Mammoth Holdings, LLC dba Ultra Car Wash in Atlanta, Ga.
Representing the vendor community are new Vendor Directors: Mike Savignac, president, PDQ Manufacturing Inc., A Dover Company in De Pere, Wisc., and Henry (Hank) Richard, president and CEO, Car Wash Technologies, L.P. in Cranberry Township, Pa.
Additionally, Board of Directors Officers continuing their service in 2010 are:
• Operator Vice President, John Pierce, Autowash Express, Knoxville, Tenn.
• Vendor Vice President, Steve Barram, Integrated Services, Inc., Portland, Ore.
• Treasurer, Jerry Miller, Jerry’s Express Car Wash, Fort Worth, Texas
• Immediate Past President, Lisa Lyons, Buggy Bath Car Washes, San Diego, Calif.
Operator Directors continuing their service in 2010 and 2011 are:
• Mark Curtis, Splash Car Wash, Stamford, Conn.
• Al MacDonald, Canadian Tire Corporation, Toronto, ON
• John Lai, Mister Car Wash, Tucson, Ariz.
• Scott Freund, Prowash, Inc., Union, N.J.
Vendor Directors continuing their service in 2010 and 2011 are:
• Russell Coleman, Jim Coleman Company, Houson, Texas
• Pamela Piro, Unitec Electronics, Elkridge, Md.
• Murray Kennedy, Mark VII Equipment, Inc., Arvada, Colo.
In June of each year, the ICA membership nominates industry professionals to positions on the Board of Directors. The final nominees are chosen by the Nominations Committee. The Association membership approves the slate that selects the final candidates to serve on the Board of Directors for the following year. To learn more about the International Carwash Association, the Board of Directors and committees, visit www.carwash.org.